Rock Falls, IL August 5th, 2017
Parade steps off at 10:30am
WATCH THE PARADE
- -The parade will step off at 10:30am on August 5th, along the streets of Rock Falls, IL. The parade viewing route will start on east 10th street, go up north 1st avenue, turn on west 2nd street and come to an end at 5th avenue.
- -A Viewing stand will be located on West Second Street where judges will select the winning floats. Announcements and more will also take place in this location. There is plenty of parking available at the corner of Ave A and East 2nd Street in Rock Falls.
- - Parking along W. 2nd Street and portions of 1st Ave will be closed to ensure a safe and easily viewed parade. There is plenty of parking at the former Relient Faster lot by the new RB&W Riverfront Park, at the Farmer's Market, and along W. 1st Street. Please note the P on the map where convenient parking is located. There will be parking available along side streets as well. Please be respectful of businesses who have closed their lots for customers only.
- -The Rock Falls Sesquicentennial Parade featured over 115 unique vehicles/entries. It was a demonstration of the story of Rock Falls past and present. Awards have been chosen for participants and will be presented the week of August 7th.
BEST IN SHOW-
Rock Falls High School Class of 1961
First Place: Hudson Homesteaders
Runner Up: Immanuel Lutheran Church
HEART OF THE COMMUNITY-
First Place: Lewis for Sheriff
Runner Up: Marching Rocket Alumni
Amazing Grace Church
WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED AND ASKED TO COME CLAIM THEIR PRIZE & TAKE A PHOTO.
Parade Award Categories
- - Best in Show
Entry is the most unique, elaborate, and represents the City of Rock Falls and Sesquicentennial in the very best way.
- - Sesquicentennial Spirit- 1st Place & Runner Up
Entry features a unique display of history. Participants represent one or more time periods in dress and/or display. The entry sparks a nostalgic note and reminds viewers of days gone by in Rock Falls.
- - Heart of the Community- 1st Place & Runner Up
Entry features a Rock Falls theme. It is unmistakably representative of our community. Riders/walkers are joyful and show off the unique spirit found in Rock Falls alone.
- - Judges Choice - 1st Place & Runner Up
A unique entry that sparks the joy in the viewer’s heart.
The judges stand is located between 3rd street and 2nd Street on 1st Ave. Awards will be presented and announced the Monday following the parade.