GRINCH DODGEBALL - 11/19
MOVED TO: ROCK FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL
PRE-REGISTER TO RECEIVE A SPECIAL FREE GOODIE BAG!
The Grinch has challenged our community and Santa is going to referee to ensure he plays fair.
Can the children defeat the Grinch at his own game?
Pre-register online by 11/11
11:30 AM Check-in & in-person registration
- Free goodie bags with Grinchy Good treats to the 1st 100 kids pre-registered.
12:00 PM Games Start
Rock Falls Middle School
CHRISTMAS WALK | FRIDAY 11/18
This is a rain or shine, cold weather event.
Activities Include: Santa visits & free photos, Business open houses and booths with tons of free activities and give-aways, Christmas Card Photo Booth, Live music & entertainment, Free treats & cocoa, tons of activities for all ages, superhero, princess & Frozen photo stations- ALMOST EVERYTHING IS FREE!
1K Giveaway- Christmas Walk
11/18 - 7:30PM
RB&W Park, Amphitheater
Santa is giving away $1000 Cash to one lucky Rock Falls Christmas Walk attendee (18 and older).
FREE tickets will be given away at select businesses during the Christmas Walk. Visit special locations (coming soon), from 5-7pm for FREE tickets.
YES - IT'S THAT SIMPLE!
Full details and rules HERE
LOVE LIGHT CEREMONY
FRIDAY 11/18 6pm - 201 E 2nd St
RB&W Park, Amphitheater
Memorial lights are displayed on the Love Light Tree in Uptown Rock Falls every year to REMEMBER LOVED ONES LOST as a part of Hometown Holidays in Rock Falls.
YOUR LOVED ONE’S NAME REMEMBERED
- Read during the Love Light Ceremony 11/18 at 6 pm.
NEW LOCATION: The reading will be at the new community tree. Located at RB&W Park Amphitheater. (201 E 2nd St RF)
- Listing in the Daily Gazette Newspaper 11/23
- Registration includes reading at the ceremony (if received by 11/11),
- Register online or at the Rock Falls Library
- Register by 11/11 for the 11/18 Ceremony
- Register by 12/9 for the commemorative listing in the Daily Gazette Newspaper (printed 12/23)
- $5 in person at RF Library, $6 online
SOLD OUT - MEMORIAL CANDLES
-8 inch, memorial candles are available for you to light at home through the holiday season and years to come in remembrance of your loved one. Candles are $7. Candle inscription: For the ones we have loved and lost along the way, we know you would be here today if you weren't so far away. You can write your loved one's name and customize your candle at home. Burn time 80 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Anyone from any community may be included.
- Registration deadlines are firm.
- Memorial candles are optional add ons, they are not the same as registering for Love lights.
- purchasing just a candle will not include a name in the love light reading.
East Coloma Craft Show at Harvest Time Bible Church
Over 50 unique crafters with gifts and decor perfect for the holidays. Free admission! Funds raised from the event support the school. Concession stand available.
WANT A BOOTH? Contact Kris Sands (815)213-0364
Modern Woodman Craft Show at First Congregation Church
Crafters and bake sale with unique items and Christmas treasures.
WANT A BOOTH? Contact Deb: 815-499-6973
Kids Photo Contest - The Corner Gallery
Free photography contest for local 4th-12th grade students. Entries are to be a 8x10 white matted photo with the subject matter: "What Hometown Holidays means to me". Entries are due to Corner Gallery (2522 Lincolnway, Unit E, Sterling) by November 17th. Photos will be placed on display until 5pm, December 15th. The community will come in and vote for their favorite. The photo receiving the most votes shall be declared the winner. Prizes will be awarded at the reception on December 16th 5:30-7:30PM.
$50 awarded to 1st place winner of group A: 4th - 7th grade students
$100 awarded to 1st place winner of group B: 8th - 12th grade students
Drive Thru - HOLIDAY LIGHT DISPLAY AT
- A free festive drive-through light display that fills the park shelters.
- Lighted display will be open 5:30-8:30pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings beginning Nov 25th through Dec 23rd!
- Tune your radio to the advertised station to enjoy holiday music as you visit the park.
HOMETOWN HOLIDAYS NOV 17-19
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: Help your community, earn credit for school, or help your business connect with the community. Call 815-625-4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our volunteer opportunities.
BUSINESSES: Check out the opportunities to get involved, listed below!
**Booth spaces for the Christmas Walk
**Grinch Dodgeball-donate items for a swag bag AND / OR bring your company mascot.
SPONSORS: Does your business want to help make Hometown Holidays magical for the community? Call 815-625-4500 or email email@example.com to see how you can sponsor.